PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain gets the boot
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2008, 12:20
LYKA

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
but when conditions don't permit I have no doubt that the airplane has to be established AT THE LATEST at 1000'AGL! Otherwise, I always configure late but safe, saving a lot and not risking insurance premiums.
This may have been lost in translation, please forgive me if I have misinterpreted what you have said - but sorry but we don't get to pick and choose what conditions 'permit' and those that don't.

Secondly wasting fuel: This statement is not true. Second, it’s not your call. The leadership has stated that the OM is the way they want everyone to fly the aircraft. It is an economic and risk management decision that they have made using lots of information that none of us worker bees has full access to. If you think that $140/barrel oil price is hurting the share price, imagine what front page pictures of twisted orange metal would do. I hear consistent reports from pilots who fly by the book, on the economy profile, and in compliance with OM procedures, who continue to under-burn fuel and operate on time. If we are wasting gas, it is by doing wasteful things like cruising/descending well above ECON speed when not required to do so etc. Remember, if you have a better mousetrap, make your case with the leadership. Enough!