PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways: risk of turbulence on Willie Walsh’s flight path
Old 21st Jul 2008, 11:58
Hubbly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Mode

You comments are valid, however just reading through the body of this thread, it seems the contempt/lack of conception lies on both sides of said door!

The real fact is that in times of crises(I believe that as a company British Airways views the economic downturn as such) drastic changes can and will be made.

Holding onto that thought for a moment, it is pertinent for us ALL to realise that none of us are untouchable. As a CC member for BA, I do realise that there is a lot that can change in relation to my job and even the pay structure. I am not blinkered, change is necessary and it will happen.

CC form the largest division of the workforce for BA, so that is only logical.

It smacks of complete arrogance to think that because you have attained a particular level that you are subject to less scrutiny than others.

What may currently be the Industry benchmark, can be reduced to being an Industry norm(or worse if you look at SFLGW), for both sides of the flying community. There is always scope for more change, be it enforced, or negotiated.

We all work for a slippery employer, who is constantly seeking ways in which to enlarge its' profits, whilst curtailing costs. Unfortunately for us ALL, we fall under the cost category. To think because some of us have already made a change means that we will not be touched is naive to say the least.

It is logical for BA to look at the cost of it's Cabin crew, but don't for an instant think that this is where it will end. This Industry has too many examples of where BA may be heading, so before we all get too 'assured' of our positions, let's touch base with reality. This goes for both sides of the said door.

It is great to mull over things past, but the simple fact is, the past does not make the future.