PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet ABZ - LTN
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2000, 19:52
LowNSlow

Unfortunately I get the 06:40 on Monday and the 19:15 on Friday. Cost isn't an issue cos the company pays, it's just the inconvenience. I live near Luton so getting into LHR isn't a thrilling idea either!

I do understand the possible reasons for the delay but do not understand why the other 2 EZY flights which leave around the same time do not suffer from the same problem. If there is a leg which causes this delay so regularly why doesn't the Ops department get their stuff together and look for alternative route plans. Apparently the 19:15 used to be the 18:30 (or similar) until it was so regularly late they admitted it on the schedule. If they did that again and made the flight say 20:00 I wouldn't mind cos I could stay in town for a pint in the bar of my choice rather than drinking at the airport bar!

After all is said and done, a bit of courtesy and an apology would be nice. It doesn't do EZY any favours with the public when they just portray a "tough s4it" attitude. If there was another carrier doing a similar flight + or - 2 hours, I'd be taking it along with a plane load of other people. After all, this flight is regularly 80-90% full, predominently with people on company expenses, somebody must want that money? Also, I know that, for my personal travel, I would be very dubious about EZY's timetables and would probably fly with somebody else if possible.

End of rant.

If the flight on Friday is more or less on time I'll let you know.......