PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 21st Jul 2008, 11:06
jaimz1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you have to ask yourself how badly do I want this? Am I prepared to spend the next 10 years of my life paying back a mortgage that effectively all there could be to show is a piece of paper with a licence on it? That's the potential brute reality, no flying job, working in an office staring at a comp and hating what you do.

But there's the flip side, in 10 years maybe you have got into a long haul carrier, maybe you are a SFO, maybe you've had kids, wife etc and are Captain on shorthaul. You really never ever know.

These are the questions I asked myself, yes i am prepared to put my nuts on the line, yes I do want to fly a plane more than anything in the world, yes I am prepared to maybe go back to my old life for abit. But I won't rest until I'm up there!

My gf's Dad is a 747 BA captain and he's my inspiration, and ill work as hard as I can to emulate him, ill give it 100%.

He's always said to me, 'never tell yourself you can't do something, there's always someone else outthere that will! And if they do, just prove them wrong'

Well it's worked so far!

Best of luck with CTC, been there and I'm off in October, I can't wait!

Last edited by jaimz1982; 21st Jul 2008 at 14:18.