PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2008, 05:26
Nigerian Expat Outlaw

Nigerian In Law

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Sas/Trog,

Yup, El Toro was (and probably still is) a one off in many ways. I recall the huge expenditure at Idugboe renovating and furnishing an en suite room for a contract pilot who had failed at Eket and Aker Base due lack of spatial awareness and inabilty to generally "cut the mustard". The fact that said pilot was a former Ops Superintendent Overseas notwithstanding; I'm sure everyone got the same VIP treatment ? The three most sumptuous (and unused by any other) pilot facilities were El Toro's house, The Majah's suite and above retiree's. Resentment from mere mortals was severely frowned upon and brushed aside but never forgotten. Happy Days !

Sas, the road trip is not forgotten, however my recollection of the journey greatly differs from yours. Let's leave it at that shall we ? By the way, our Gallic colleague has retired (for the third time) and is now polishing his classic car collection in the underground garage of his hillside chateau outside Nice. If you want to visit I'm sure a bottle of finest Red wine would be waiting.......... The Warri child would be approaching 20 years old now, I wonder if he is enrolled at a fancy university with The Count's financial backing ?

NEO