PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2008, 21:13
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
Ah El Toro....the epitomy of human grace, integrity, and political correctness re race relations! I wonder how many night stand bys he wound up owing one of the director's kids now a Captain flying very big planks?

As once was said to me by an English Gentleman....never allow an English Gentleman fall in your debt.

The Toro was just plain burned I made more money than he as a Chief Pilot....especially after the debacle on my license renewal where I and a local TRE and myself got put out of service until the Nigerian licensing folks got over their snit at being ignored by the Bristow powers that were.

Ah life can have it's rewards!

Is the first ever 412 in Nigeria still there? The one that underwent the 1200 hour in Accra then went grounded for months and months until it re-did another 1200 hour to correct what was undone on the first 1200?

El Toro met me at the BRC the night I arrived and tried to send me straight off to Accra for a couple of days....which turned into three weeks in a very nice hotel on the company tab. Some real facial egg seen when it was discovered I had the 212 type rating (but no 412 rating) on the Nigerian license after ferrying the aircraft to Lagos.

Might I assume DD is the one and same 412?

NEO....I always did Bristow favors....even taking a wet behind the ears young laddy for his first ever road trip in Nigeria...and even kept him from being detained after being arrested for violating immigration laws. How quickly one forgets.