PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 20th Jul 2008, 16:47
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Sim
At age 30 the service will get that and more from someone like myself.
There will be an amortisation period of about 5-6 years. After that you could PVR so the 15 yrs is purely notional.

Moreover, after 15 years service from me I will be to old to be of any interest to the commercial industry,
If that were true there would be few pilots here PVRing at age 40+

This is the case I am thinking of pitching. Any advice?
you need better.

I also would like to know how having a JAR PPL would be a disadvantage to my application? My thoughts were, if I could demonstrate the ability to undertake and complete flying training, it might make me look less of a risk. There is a full time flying course starting in october I am trying to get my name on. However if it won't help me I could save myself £4500!
Not a lot. If you read the sticky you will see that you gain a we bit of airmanship but equally can pick up bad habits. Retraining a PPL is not something that they want to do. Save your money. Focus on what you want - aircrew as NCA or a commission.