PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 20th Jul 2008, 16:21
Bill Sim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Questions!!!

Thanks for the advice 3P DRIFT and P-NAV. Taking your advice I am thinking of a case for my application. Whenever I have asked why 30 is to old I get told it is to do with return of service. I find this a bit false as the majority of aircrew I have spoken to tell me the average service from pilots is 12-15years (thus the introduction of FRI 2). At age 30 the service will get that and more from someone like myself. Moreover, after 15 years service from me I will be to old to be of any interest to the commercial industry, therefore my whole flying career will be with the service. A safe choice for the RAF in the case of retention. This is the case I am thinking of pitching. Any advice? I also would like to know how having a JAR PPL would be a disadvantage to my application? My thoughts were, if I could demonstrate the ability to undertake and complete flying training, it might make me look less of a risk. There is a full time flying course starting in october I am trying to get my name on. However if it won't help me I could save myself £4500!