PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Close Essendon Airport!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2008, 16:09
gandt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a copy of my response to the leader article

I wonder if they will print it???? lol

Wow!!!! I'm impressed. More than 100 residents! Until recently I lived for ten years on Pascoe Vale Rd almost directly under the approach path for Rwy 35 at Essendon. I knew when I moved into the house that the airport was close by. I saw aircraft flying over when i inspected the property. I actually factored that into my decision before i moved in. I now have some simple questions...Were these 'more than 100 residents' too dull to consider this? Did they not notice the aircraft before they chose to live in such close proximity to an airport? Did they not look at a Melways and say to themselves, "Gee, thats rather close to Essendon Airport!"? Did they not associate an airport with aircraft? Are these fools really my neighbours? Now before the 'more than 100' accuse me of moving due to aircraft, I have purchased property in Gowanbrae! Almost directly under the approach to Rwy 17, close to the airport! but further away from Pascoe Vale Road which is a far greater producer of noise and air pollution! To the 100, I beg of you please please please think before you speak! Idiots!