PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways: risk of turbulence on Willie Walsh’s flight path
Old 20th Jul 2008, 16:06
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL Carnage you never let me down.
I aim to please!

CRM wise, and door wise. I agree with you, not exactly rocket science is it?
Still mystified by this one. The extent of the interaction between FD and CC is us sitting in the front of a pretend aircraft reading from a script prepared by the SEP instructors. As far as I can see the SEP day involves no opportunity to utilise CRM skills in their true form, as opposed to the cabin crew 'CRM means you must be nice to me form'. As for doors, well some people may find them tricky but as we only open them once a year at SEP it's hardly surprising now is it. Describing that as 'appalling' is pushing it a bit don't you think?

Then why didn't they just come out with "x figure" and say "here you go this is how we came to it". Didn't happen. No one agrees to buy something or "buy into" something without knowing the cost. Why didn't BA just combat the questions with straight answers and facts and figures?
Because you know as well as I do thats not the way negotiations work. There may well have been a win-win scenario available. You'll never know because BASSA didn't negotiate. They could have walked away at the end if they didn't like what was on offer, but it was easier to just say no from the start.

I said BASSA are paid to protect their members and their T&C's, that is their role a a union. I didn't say I agreed with their methods.
How do you know they are protecting their members if you don't question their methods? If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Perhaps you'd be better protected if they acted smarter?

Oh the drama! I don't know, I'm no expert. It does however smack of double standards or the "pot calling the kettle black". Does it not even raise questions in your mind as to where they are coming from?
Then don't level expert criticism then fall back on the line 'I'm no expert'. Everyone else in the industry has had to take a hammering on their pensions because the numbers don't add up. I don't wish the cut on them but if the pension fund can't be funded somethings got to change. FYI I voted for the change in pension in BA because I'm a realist.