PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2008, 15:51
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's really happening with that new S76C++ Bristow have in Lagos? Has it actually flown yet? If there's no news about the Agbami contract why haven't they just been using it for charter work or offering it to other clients? Do you suppose they'll go ahead and bring in their S92s and have them sitting around as well? These managers are ready to take the big profitability bonuses they get from cutting the already pathetic wages of local junior staff but I wonder if they'll have their pay cut when their decisions presumably cost thousands of dollars?

I don't see Aero bringing in their EC225s yet, even though they're painted up, in the hangar and ready to go in France. Is that because of the continuing dispute with CHC or because they have no work for them?

What about these Bell 412s Caverton is supposed to be bringing in to Nigeria in October? Is that going to be the usual story (i.e. just a story, like the AW139s) or have they actually got any work for them? If Bristow are having problems keeping pilots right now even on a 6/6 roster and always paying on time, how on earth will Caverton manage to get any pilots with their 13/4 roster, often late paying and sacking people all the time?

As has been said by others, it seems that more and more pilots (and engineers) are looking to other African countries such as Angola, the Middle East and Australia for work now. Nigeria is visibly in a decline and likely to continue that way if nothing is done quickly to improve matters