PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Recruitment Plans
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2008, 13:22
CamelhAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BerksFlyer, some sense here thankfully. I echo your comments, why on earth do pilots talk themselves down so much? Too much propaganda from MOL perhaps and 20 years olds like leeds 65 who don't have the life experience to make an independent judgement as to his/her worth.

ryr max is between 160-170 k euro.
Bollox, pure ryr propaganda. Bandying around imaginary figures is not helpful.

camelhair seems to think

pilot= licence for amazing pay,free gym membership,free golf membership,free worldwide travel for half the extended family,free hotels,free car rentals etc etc
Considering I was flying airliners when you were in primary school, I think you'll understand how I'm a little peeved that attitudes like yours have allowed my real take home pay to be cut by an enormous amount in the last few years. You may feel you're not worth much, but plenty of us consider otherwise.

i think its about time you woke and smelt the coffee.airline pay does NOT warrent huge sums.
Why not? When was the last time you dealt with an airbourne emergency and held the lives of 190 people in your hands? Which is 189 more than a brain surgeon is responsible for. Please explain exactly why an airline pilot should be not be compensated for the responsibility he holds. Or perhaps you have no concept of the responsibility, in which case a flight deck is not for you.

plus an airline with loads of newbies and few captains is not sustainable
It's been like this for years.

most legacy carriers progression is slower more years required as fo??
But most legacy carriers pay more to FO's than ryr pay to captains. Ryr captain basic is about the same as EI FO year 1. Sector pay about the same and they also get a proper pension.