PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Des Brown - Armed Forces Covenant
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2008, 11:45
Guzlin Adnams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So how the hell does the country get out of this mess. Forget bl00dy politicians, they're all in it for themselves and their party. Easier said than done I know.
How much do we give Brussels every day? Why? where does it go?
How can we get rid of the costly proceedures, red tape, KPI's, central control and sheer bull that Cyclops has brought to us. The armed forces see it every day. Christ knows that I used to when I worked in local authority and it's still there, as it is in the health service where Mrs GA works. Everything seems to come down to politics. Performance indicators etc that stand in the way of true profesionalism, logic and common sence. They seem only to exist for political reasons. Ever increasing layers of management that create yet more rules, proceedures in accordance with government control.
How the hell can we compete with not only the far east, eastern europe et al in manufacturing when they pay their workforce a couple of handfulls of rice a day and we're hamstrung by the way that we have to carry out our business?
The conclusion that I'm being to drawn to is that we are on the verge of a pretty big change in the way that people live their lives here. The banks and lending institutions will not be trusted again by many. When buying power reduces further prices will drop further. Maybe a silver lining but I fear for my future in the building industry right now. The memory of two redundancies in the early 90's which were hidden behind the cobwebs in the deepest parts of the brain are now riggling forwards. The Bliar/Brown collective's support for big business will see the destruction of many a small company in the next year. Businesses that did and could provide services cheaper than todays monoliths. I hope that the one that I work for now isn't one that will struggle or fail but I'm expecting the worse at some point. That's the mindset of many.

(Ok so I've got a hang-over, feel like 5h1t and can't see a way forward right now but I'm going back to the beer festival later to cheer myself up for a few more hours, will put the world to rights again and sod it.....)