PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tanzania ops
Thread: Tanzania ops
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2008, 10:41
N-757PJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been working in Tanzania for about one year an half and now I’m sitting on a bizjet.
I landed in Tabora quite often. For that I do not recommend you to go there with your Falcon. Apart for the quality of the tarmac -which is bad- if you get there you will not have any kind of facilities you usually need.

My suggestion is go to Kilimanjaro, nice and long runway. They are well equipped regarding the handling… such as potable water, waste toilet truck, fuel trough AirBP, truck to push or tow your baby on the tarmac. There is a huge empty hangar that you might ask to use to recover your plane.

Kilimanjaro is well served from many local charter operators which are able to take care about your passengers going to Tabora.

For your rest. Go to Arusha which is about 45min driving from Kilimanjaro. Is the most important “town” in the north part of Tanzania. There is some nice hotel, restaurant a pub for a beer. And why not, from there it’s very easy to have a chance for you to go for two day or more in the bush, whether by car or plane. So enjoy!

Have fun and I wish a pleasant stay there. It’s a lovely country.