PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Des Brown - Armed Forces Covenant
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2008, 09:55
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
Quite how anyone could consider the appalling Bliar as having any charisma is frankly beyond me.
I'm not easily led, and I can certainly see him for the dodgy car salesman that he is behind the fake smiles, but Blair certainly did/does have charisma. But so did Hitler. All charisma enables you to do is sell the masses a pup and come out, for the most part, smelling of roses, although the latter isn't absolutely necessary. Blair had many other flaws - not least his belief that his way was the best way, irrespective of the views of many around him, let alone the masses who actually elected him! - and I think this ultimately got him into trouble. Despite all his faults, I'd take the opportunity to listen to Blair, but only in an open forum, not a sycophantic theatre visit, where the military are routinely politicised and lined-up for a backdrop. Blair was also good value when up against Cameron in PMQs.

By comparison, I wouldn't even listen to Brown on TV, let alone make any effort to hear what he has to say in person. And finally, Browne - I can't even be arsed to write anything about him, and he gives the impression his feelings for the military are mutual.