PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 17th Jul 2008, 00:02
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bing

An excellent point and my congratulations on your move from the UAV Platform to such in depth research on ADS-B.

Another here posted recently about business decisions and safety decisions. How pertinent.

One notes two conclusions from your research.
1. Currently the RFDS must meet the transponder RAD requirements, therefore providing the RAD requirements are not changed the situation remains unchanged (in your research into the last ABIT you will undoubtedly note the availability of the test equipment already).

2. Obviously, for the RFDS to NOW be such an enthusiastic supporter / proponent of ADS-B, they are convinced that the RAD matter is a mere bagatelle in comparison to the safety benefits they are gaining from ADS-B.

I also note the organisation I joined has pushed the view of extending the RAD periodicity due to the more stable and reliable operation of the new full IC equipment and RS232 encoders.

Well done on flagging this, as an aside - given the speed of technology push and change - do you have a date for when those comments were made?