PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 16th Jul 2008, 08:06
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bing

Anything in the article on thuggery to fellow posters not needing redundancy?

I think yours is a great call about redundancy.

Surprising the CM did not mention that there is backup in the telephone network - there is the terrestrial system and the mobile phone system working on entirely separate networks. But, why should a newspaper spoil a good story with facts?

For aviation, enroute separation is achievable by INS and DTI, in simple terms.

But, you are correct - the benefit of having BOTH MSSR and ADS-B in primary traffic areas would be invaluable should the tired old radar fall over - given radar is only based on a single revolving head that is a monty for destruction that would take it out of action for weeks by a Binghi Whizzer Line of Sight Terrorist UAV bomb (actually did someone say a 50 cal burst would suffice?).

ADS-B to the rescue in the high traffic terminal areas to keep the airline passengers and freight on the move. Redundancy to the Rescue.

Bing, I can see you have converted from ADS-B Atheist to Commonsense Convert. Hopefully the Airservices people reading this thread, lacking guidance from the Guru, will recognise the invaluable soundness of what you propose.

It's almost enough, but not quite, to have me absolve you from the deliberate slur on my motives for being here.