PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 16th Jul 2008, 01:53
antzx6r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, you're stating that mandatory installation of an ADS-B squitter in the crop-duster would not have prevented the Close Proximity?
I'm saying they were flying without safety equipment then, why would they fit ADSB now. And RPT would be flying around heads in the cockpit eyes on the little blue(or whatever) screen. Unsafe.
Had the duster been fitted, sure. I don't doubt its a great gadget.

RE Flightwatch and who's paying, sorry it was late and I'm not right up on a whole lot of the argument. However you can't deny that the fitting of ADSB is part of lessening the load of other systems(manpower, not outdated technology). And as for the money... These things are expencive. If someone is covering the bill to have every aircraft fitted, that someone or an associate of there's must stand to make a whole lot more. Especially if as Dick has stated it can be done cheaper and better. (I think that's what he has stated) When have you ever seen business or gov do things the expencive way just for the good of society as a whole. Sorry I'm not convinced.

I have been with the topic from the start. I guess I must be missing something.