PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 15th Jul 2008, 13:33
max1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
antsx6r,
Go back and read this WHOLE thread, the answers to what you have complained about are in here.

The ag plane is not required to have Mode C, not keeping a listening watch is bad airmanship. He can't be forced to fit ADS-B, but if he was getting it for nix, why wouldn't he. If it is fitted, it powers up with the aircraft. It gives a surveillance capability in areas where there is currently none.

It is NOT paid for by the taxpayers, it is paid for by the airlines (who yes Dick funnily enough get their money from the passengers. The airlines also spend this money on first class tickets and Grange for the Board and management, I'm sure if they had the choice of an increase in safety and Grange for the Board meeting , I know which one they'd choose.).

You also state that 'You sell this like you're giving us all this extra safety for free. ' You are getting it for free.

I also think the gutting of Flightwatch is wrong, however, the demise of Flightwatch has nothing to do with ADS-B. Where did you get THIS idea from.

The people who are involved in this project probably think ASIC cards are as big a fraud as you do. Whats THIS got to do with ADS-B.

If you want to vent, go to Jet Blast. Read this whole thread with an open mind and you might learn something.

P.S. I don't think you're helping your 'side'