PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 13th Jul 2008, 05:38
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I cannot let this one go to the keeper-

Dick said-
I formed and am Patron of The Australian Skeptics - Thats why I critically examine every claim.
Dick I have this problem with your claim to be able to "spoof" ADS-B signals. And, seeing as you are the president of your self styled society, how about putting your money where your mouth is!

Bob, your arguments are the exact same ones that allowed the Hawke government to ignore their "Social Responsibilty" by tugging the forlock to the new Tsars of the treasury, The dry economic rationalists! This is a whole different argument, that I wish PPRUNE and the net were available back then, to try and fight the biggest injustice every hoisted on any community in Australia. Why should us country people have to pay for services in the cities...and then you promptly found out who was subsidising who....enjoy your dirt road! By the way, I am bush bred and I am terribly disappointed in my "Elders" for rolling over on something so essential.

Well, well, well. I am only one of 22 GA respondants to the JCP. I too voted for acceptance with modification. And today, I have been compared to a Spiv. Nice one, Dick

The device is a change mitigator. With introduction, the device will allow a scaleable, cost effective rollout of surveillance capability, unprecidented in this country since the invention of FLIGHT SERVICES!

Once again, this argument is fast approaching the end. not one shred of evidence has been presented that would uphold the argument against roll-out. The purile attempts to compare AirServices with the AWB fiasco in Iraq, by comparison, is suggesting that GA is the equivalent of the evil dictator's regime forcing a bribe on AirServices to get ADS-B over the line. If GA isn't the comparison, who is, and why? The comparison with the SeaSprite? I would say that TAAATS was a closer comparison with the helicopter purchase. Those in charge kept adding more and more capability until EUROCAT became EUROCAT(X). I say, in the end, the endevour was worthwhile because it would appear we have arrived at a better version than even ThomsonCSF or Hughes had originally tendered for. My history is not very clear on the intricasies of the tendering but a court case suggests that at least one of the parties was not happy with the process. ADS-B, by comparison, is the bare, no bones roll-out of the basic 1090ES system. As per the Europeans and US upper airspace and ICAO and IATA positions for the 2015 world deadline.

May I suggest to the tribunal that Mr Smith is sin binned for three weeks for harsh body contact on his opponents on numerous occasions. He has no eye for the ball and clearly targets his opposite number in the ruck.