PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 13th Jul 2008, 00:46
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick

If you are trying to needle Quokka or me, forget it as far as I'm concerned. It just further lowers my opinion of your ethos.

We are here to debate ADS-B and judge and be judged by facts and substance presented, not rhetoric.

As far as your needling goes, it's more than needling - it's deliberate antagonism to divert attention from the lack of substance in your argument.

You adroitely avoided answering my question. As a reminder it was
Dick - to whom did you supply your advice of the flaws and corrections in the CBS, and when?
I think I read into you ducking and weaving that
It is a waste of time trying to correct this intentionally misleading document
Put more precisely, you could not bother putting effort into submitting - bit like another who could not bother submitting to the Senate Enquiry. Easier to talk than assemble and analyse information - no?

Let's have a few FACTS to promote the debate, Dick.

Approximately 250 submissions were received to the JCP - gee, Dick, 250 geese wasted their time?

Airline stakeholder viewpoints expressed were by the following organisations:
regional, domestic and international airlines; local and international airline representative bodies; and professional pilots’ associations.

Without exception, these respondents supported the proposal, including the proposed timing and cross-industry funding, as well as acknowledging the safety and operational benefits that will be provided by satellite-based navigation and surveillance.

Well, Dick, thank deity you came along to single handedly refute their thinking ...... you have refuted it have you not ........

Responses were received from individual airports and a representative body. The airport respondents supported the proposal and recognise safety and operational benefits resulting from ADS-B and GNSS implementation.

22 submissions were received from general aviation pilots and aircraft owners.
11 supported the proposal, particularly the cross-industry funding
11 rejected the proposal
Only one respondent in this group stated that the proposal would be unacceptable under any circumstances.

If there is anyone in Airservices or CASA management who really sees the effective safety advantage of bringing 7000 small aircraft, primarily in very low traffic density airspace, on to ATC screens then let them say so publically under their own name!

Responses were received from a number of current Australian air traffic controllers and an air traffic controllers’ association. All ATC respondents supported the proposal, including the timing.

Dick, I think they had to put their names on the responses to have them accepted. That they did not share their knowledge and name with you - might be a message you should consider for the future.

I could go on Dick but I know this information is wasted on a closed mind - i.e. yours. It is put up here as some information from those genuinely interested in proceeding this debate.

And, no, you don't 'have to know who the man is' - you just need to consider the wise old saying - "treat others as you would be treated yourself" and stop trying to play 'Dick tracy' over fellow posters rights to their privacy