PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 12th Jul 2008, 10:03
Quokka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all anyone knows you and your supporters could be con-men with criminal histories who have hidden agendas.
Thanks Dick, really appreciated that slander. Weak.

Do you deny that dishonest people could post on this site with the sole intention to mislead?
...and that one as well.

Play the ball and not the man Dick.

I know you find that difficult but the rest of us are trying to turn your malicious and deceptively titled thread into a legitimate academic discussion of the facts, ideas and motives behind the implementation of ADS-B.

Bob, Binghi and bushy... you are Aviation in our eyes. Aviation is everyone from the Student Pilot in the Grob to the crew of the A380 and everyone else in between.

We are merely a facilitator in the industry, a protector who sits back and quietly (sometimes ) watches over everyone. We have dedicated our whole working lives to ensuring that you have as much freedom as we can logically provide, but an outcome that ensures that you all go home to your families at the end of the day. It's not emotive, it's human.

I've lost count of the number of times I've pulled two VFR's, or a VFR and an IFR, or two IFR's apart who, by their radio transmissions or actions, had "got it wrong" and were about to end up in a nasty situation. Most of those occasions, the VFR aircraft was totally oblivious to the fact that an IFR had failed to get visual with the VFR and had been turned hard at the last minute. But the crew of the IFR and myself had separately either gone for a long walk on the beach after work that day, hugged their partner just a little bit longer when they got home, or headed straight to the nearest bar and ordered a "double"... or several.

...because each one of those events was a "collision"... not a Close Proximity... not a "Near-Miss"... but a "collision" that could have happened if I hadn't seen it or hadn't intervened... because all but one hole in the Swiss Cheese lined up... too many holes.

ADS-B closes a very big hole in the Swiss Cheese... and... gives VFR a lot more freedom.

What price is that worth?