PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 12th Jul 2008, 02:29
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
James, I will say it again-I do support ADSB - I am just not keen on the rush to make an early decision- because of the risks involved.

I also believe that a large amount of valuable safety money will be misallocated if the $100 m low level subsidy goes ahead.

You claim that if we do not make a decision this year that we will then have to wait 20 years,until 2028. I don't believe this is so even though I will accept that you believe what you have been told.

If Airservices enters into a contract to refurbish the existing SSR's we will be able to make a ADSB decision any time in the next 10 years.

Even if you and a number of other anonymous posters are correct on the urgency issue I believe you will lose. This is because there is not one person out their in the public arena communicating your points and debunking mine.

Don't you understand this? For all anyone knows you and your supporters could be con-men with criminal histories who have hidden agendas. Now I don't believe this however I have no evidence that I am correct.

I do know however that their are people in influential positions in Government who are mighty suspicious that not one executive from Airservices or CASA gives any public support for the low level $100m subsidy proposal. If the proposal is so good why isn't there at least one executive the public "face" of the proposal and out there selling the benefits?

I believe the answer is obvious- anyone really in the know accepts that there is no real safety issue being addressed,that the cost/benefit study is flawed and as it is most likely the subsidy will not go ahead they don't want to be personally identified with the failure.

What is your explanation for the fact that Airservices management show no public support in any way for a subsidy proposal that you want so much to go ahead?