PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 11th Jul 2008, 12:38
max1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick,
YOU started this thread, it is about a CHANGE, it is a discussion about whether we move to ADS-B surveillance. ATCs who have worked with it and others who have researched it , have come on here and stated with facts and evidence why we should embrace this change and the safety and cost benefits it would bring, and you come up with the line,

"Ferris, the resistance to change is so entrenched that it's basically impossible to change anything-even the most minor procedure that would improve efficiency."

You further state

"James, the problem I have is that all of my successful decisions in life have come after asking advice and debating the issues with real people. I am just no good at making decisions after debating anonymous people on a website."

Well Dick, I don't care if its the piano player from the whorehouse,I keep an open mind and if the logic of their position is reasonably presented I am amenable to changing my point of view.

Like this afternoon, you showed that someone implied that Broome and Ayers Rock would get the same service as Sydney, if one wanted to be a close- minded idealogue then, one may have tried to argue with you that this is an incontrevertible truth and defend this argument. They may have deferred to trying to belittle and slander you, and call your motivations into account.

What someone with an open mind would do, is look at the statement, take it on its merits and then give it the weight it deserves.

I think that this CHANGE to ADS-B surveillance 'deal' is good for the passengers (payers) on airlines, good for GA, good for ATC and good for Australia. I would not like to see it get knocked on the head because you are not comfortable and not-up-to-speed with it.

I am no huge fan of ASA, look at my other postings, but we are all (especially GA) on a winner here.