PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 11th Jul 2008, 10:30
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Ferris, the resistance to change is so entrenched that it's basically impossible to change anything-even the most minor procedure that would improve efficiency.

For example the AIP states that joining directly on base at a non-twr aerodrome can be allowed with special CASA approval. I applied for approval to do this when it was safer to do so. If you check my DICKSMITHFLYER site you will see that even after 6 months of letter writing and even threatened legal action I could not get this approval. I point out that joining directly on base is allowed in every other country that I can get information on.

I have not just worked on changing our Airspace- most of my time has been spent on attempting to introduce simple proven procedures - all to no avail

The problem is the total lack of competent leadership in CASA and Airservices - surely you can see this .

Look at the present staffing problems- there is obviously no proper planning. I once expanded a business from nothing to $50 million turnover in 12 years by planning properly and involving my staff in every step of the way with the exciting adventure.

There are many simple procedures that could be introduced to save time and money- for example modern proven Class E climb procedures for IFR planned aircraft when in VMC.

You just need competent leadership!