PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 11th Jul 2008, 05:35
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
I think this thread has just about run its course. I’m sure others would agree.

Here is an interesting point. The thread heading was intentionally provocative – i.e.

Airservices Australia ADS-B program – another Super Seasprite fiasco?
Since that announcement was made 2½ weeks ago, there have been 421 posts, and nearly 7,000 hits. On top of that, there must be thousands who saw the heading and didn’t actually look at the thread.

Imagine working for Airservices. If someone made an announcement like that in relation to my business, I would come out fighting if I thought they were wrong. I would issue a press release and make myself available to the media and the industry to explain why the ADS-B program was not going to be another Super Seasprite fiasco.

So what has happened? Well, as we know, there has not been a peep from the Airservices management – or possibly they have said something anonymously on this thread.

Remember, it is not as if the 6,900+ hits have come from ineffectual people. We all know that this site is read by politicians (on both sides of Parliament), the bureaucracy, influential people in the airlines, influential journalists, as well as many airline and GA pilots. People in the Department of Transport – or whatever it is called today – earnestly follow this site.

So could it be that the Airservices management believes that if they ignore the claim, it will simply go away? That is not a good way to manage your business and keep the reasonable staff morale.

I’m very happy to talk to anyone at Airservices (off the record if need be) and if I have made errors on this site I will correct them. The invitation is there.