PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 11th Jul 2008, 05:07
max1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick,
"there is no way we want to start separating lighties somewhere out in the boonies.

Yes, but what about Ayers Rock and Broome? I say again that the ASTRA case says that air traffic controllers will “essentially provide the same level of ATC service at these airports as is currently provided at major capital city airports.”

Dick,
They are talking about a tower service like Coffs , Launy, Hobart etc, someone was stretching the truth. I don't envisage them having a dedicated Terminal Control Unit (TCU)with a flow capability, because they won't need it.

Now before you jump up and down and start asking what else is rubbish in it. To me, someone decided to over sell this, and decided to cover themselves with the line, "essentially provide the same level of service".

It could be argued that Coffs, Launy, and Hobart are provided with "essentially the same service" (a positive separation service) as Sydney and other major capital city services.I would never say that is the case. I agree, its not a good look to imply they will have a 24/7 TCU and they would be better off stating the exact truth, as no doubt people will pick up on these things and uncover them, and this detracts from the main issues.

My point is we do not want to be running a separation service into the circuit area in Kununnara, Gove, Boulia, Lord Howe etc.