PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 11th Jul 2008, 01:33
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
James Michael, it was actually Flying Binghi who made the first allegation in relation to your self-interest. This is his statement:

Hmmm...

james michael, sounds to me like you are going to make money from ADS-B - is this the case ?
It is interesting that you have made no comments at all to Flying Binghi, nor threatened any action. I wonder why this would be so?

James, there is nothing wrong with self-interest as long as it is disclosed.

If you are not going to make any money from ADS-B, can you confirm that you earn no income from people who could benefit directly (or indirectly) from the introduction of this system in Australia? I bet that is a harder one.

By the way, they are not baseless assertions. Any intelligent person would wonder why someone like yourself would spend such an enormous amount of time spruiking the benefits of the Airservices low level ADS-B proposal. Yes, it could be just that you want a “free” unit in the panel of your aircraft. There could also be other reasons, and I happen to believe the other reasons are more likely.