PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 10th Jul 2008, 05:53
Bob Murphie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had hoped I had "voiced my last reasons" and submitted as a pessimist, I am never disappointed, I hoped your subsidy comes through and enabling me to also take advantage of the offer. I even opened myself to the Union type mantra and expected ridicule of not being part of the push for the introduction but accepting the "benefit", which I again say, I don't really need.

Some need a reminder of history when you talk about UAV's and "buzz bombs". One only has to look back at the Gulf,wars, Scud missiles, very much the WW2 state of the art device which could easily be equipped with a satelite guidance system. The recent Lebanon war with Israel copping man made and portable missiles landing in an approximate guesstimate, also easily converted. The Gaza Strip with similar means of delivery to a target today.

Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat the event.

Why dismiss this possibility out of hand, yet persist in the safety benefit arguement that ADSB gives to a C172 flying VFR between Alice Springs and Boulia below A010?