PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 10th Jul 2008, 04:30
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FB, I could sit and write 100 scenarios here right now with the current system in place on how to blow things up and cause terror. Any Pilot or Controller could. As I said the September 11 technique is still quite easy to do (even with everyones perfume and open bottles of booze thrown in the bin at the airport), and would be the more likely way to deliver terror than the complexity of UAV delivery using GPS. Face it the world these days is already reliant on GPS and has been for quite a while. It won't be getting turned off, with or without utilisation by terrorists for their own purpose.

I think you would really like to have objections to ADSB, but if this is your only argument you really are struggling to make a case. Maybe until you come up with a more compelling argument, you should let the rest of us discuss the real issues here which are how does the installation get paid for and at what time and in what manner will the SSR network be phased out or reduced. If the buzzbomb argument continues I will just put your posts to the ignore list, and hopefully the rest of the people here who want to actually advance Australian (and the rest of the world's) ATM systems will do the same.

Now enough with the 'Red under the Bed' conspiracy theories and back to the real issues...