PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 10th Jul 2008, 03:30
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Max, exactly what I meant (as I finish my fish and chips on the run). I think Binghi is taking the argument personally, yet I have not called him a fool.

Binghi, go research early UAV developments and their payloads - or more correctly lack of payloads. The scenario you describe is more a Clive Cussler or Dan Brown fiction where the hero knocks off 17 attackers with automatic weapons with his trusty automatic pistol than a probable reality.

We cannot allow our lives to be frustrated by planning our moves around low probability fictional scenarios. You are more at risk flying, or standing in your field and being hit by a meteorite, than the terrorist UAV scenario.

This argument is, as one suggested earlier, going around in circles with little new evidence presented against. On the balance of the evidence presented, I find ADS-B is my shepherd, I shall not want for safety, and deliver us oh CASA from further airspace restrictions as we adopt this technology.