PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 10th Jul 2008, 00:08
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dick

I fear many of the RPT and RFDS type folk are not bothered looking at this thread any more and hence will not respond. If any of you who are RPT/RFDS/ATC would you please respond with your thoughts on this comment..........

I cannot see any immediate safety problem that would require VFR aircraft which fly in the low levels to be fitted with an expensive ADS-B ‘out’ unit.
I believe that many of them do not see things the same way. I know there are many FIFO jet services to add to this, however here is a list of areas that may not have decent radar coverage below 5000 and many below 10,000. And this is where the capture of likely targets exists.

Horn Island, Weipa, Proserpine, Gladstone, Mt Isa, Longreach, Winton, Barcaldine, Emerald, Blackwater, Thangool, Charleville, Roma, Bundy, Moree, Ballina, Narrabri, Wagga Wagga, Mildura, Albury, Kunnenurra, Broome, Port Hedland, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, MANY MINING CENTRES in the GAFA........ Anyone want to add more?

If I am way off the mark, my contacts must be telling me big porky pies about their workday adventures.

J