PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 9th Jul 2008, 07:10
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick Smith (and T28D re CTAF R)

Sorry, a day of meetings.

No, Annex 6 is the one that is our crystal ball for the future of airspace.

Obviously you have not read it or you would be able to quote exactly what I am about to alert everyone to.

Try the note to 6.13.2 (which itself states that from 1.1.2003 all aeroplanes shall be equipped with Mode C TXPDR).

The intent is also for aircraft not equipped with pressure-altitude reporting transponders to be operated so as NOT to SHARE airspace used by aircraft with airborne collision avoidance systems.

(Exemption can be given by designating airspace where such carriage is not required)

Have a read of NAS DP V1.4, Dick - particularly pages 9 and 13, and REMEMBER - YOU gave us transponders in E as the precedent.

Where do you think we are heading, Dick? And are you single-handedly going to save us from the subsidy so instead we have to pay for the privilege of flying in and over CTAF R/T? perhaps we should, after all you were big until recently on 'user pays' and 'affordable' safety - and YOU can afford it

I sometimes feel I am like a dog yapping at your heels but then I remember your past 'successes' for GA. What you have done with ADS-B is trot out every negative you can find. Rome was not built in a day but the way you have attacked this matter Rome would never have been built at all.

Now you even throw up the lack of avionics fitters. free trade and market forces Dick - why don't you open a few?

While my derriere points towards terra firma I do not believe ANY Government would be able to back out of the subsidy and pull just a mandate. Unless of course the subsidy deadline slips past thanks to your negativity and we then cop a mandate.

Whose side are you on? Tell me tomorrow, it's 5:06 and like a good public servant I'm orf to do what my colleagues on here did last night, hic!