PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 9th Jul 2008, 00:12
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick Smith

You state
But why would you then want the enormous expense of fitting the units to VFR aircraft? Are you telling me that the RFDS in Western Australia has a problem in separating themselves safely from VFR aircraft? I don’t believe it.
1. I DON'T want the enormous expense of fitting the units to VFR aircraft. I want the subsidy.

2. RFDS and separation from VFR - ask them, not me. I am guided by the NAS that stated the risk decreases with the distance from the CTAF.

Have you looked at the coverage of ADS-B in WA even in late 2007 - just about the entire desirable coastal area. And the radar coverage in WA is......?

Go talk to the RFDS Dick - you wanted me to ring you to hear your gospel, how about talking to the RFDS and getting some REAL feedback with no conspiracy theory embedded from people who fly in all conditions.

3. You don't believe it? Where are CASA doing airspace studies at present? Does not CASA have a study into CTAF R at present re the safety of PTO? Obviously SOMEONE believes it.

4. How are you going re ICAO Annex 6? Your replies appear to be very selective.