PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 8th Jul 2008, 12:10
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FB

you said in response to werbils post
We also have a proven and operational ADS-B system that provides coverage to close to the surface in the following locations (Source: High Altitude ADS-B Coverage):

Quote:
High Altitude ADS-B Coverage

When operating outside of radar coverage, ADS-B derived ATS surveillance services will be provided to operators of authorised aircraft whilst within the coverage volume of commissioned ADS-B ground stations.

ADS-B ground stations are line-of-sight facilities. The ability for a ground station to received ADS-B data from an aircraft depends on altitude, distance from the site and obstructing terrain. Coverage will exist near the surface within 20 nautical miles of the ground station. High level coverage can exceed 250 nautical miles.
Note: In airspace where ADS-B coverage overlaps radar coverage, the radar derived aircraft position will be displayed to ATC.
The charts below shows the approximate ADS-B coverage provided by currently operating ground stations at FL300.
ADS-B Coverage effective 20 December, 2007So if you have ADS-B fitted and operational at any of the above places ATC can see you.

Why did they install it rather than SSR? - $$$$, and it works.
Quote:
and it works
For how long werbil ?
Quote:
I can not quote you exact numbers
Try me Jaba ...and you will need to do better than insults
and now you say
Jaba, I have no idea of any radar/ADS-B down time... its not what I'm about here though is it
So tell me then...... you were bluffing as you had no idea all along about reliability of ADSB V Radar???

There are so many very well researched and experienced folk at the coal face here advocating the ADSB proposoal, and none of them selling anything...... yet some here refuse to listen to common sense. Dick included.

I think i found the thalesman Mr D Dog......

J