PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 8th Jul 2008, 10:47
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
That all said (and its been said many times by many folks already) .... in your scenario .... would said persons (who would seek to harm us) equip said airbourne delivery device with a god damd TXPDR???
.... think about it mate! The areas that need the PRIM eyes to see sneekies will still have it, and where it won't exist, it currently does not anyway!
Scurvy, we must drink different brands of beer ...or something

... in the scenario I have presented in this thread, I am not making a case for keeping the current radar based air-nav system as an aid to spotting incoming buzz bombs (a good idea though) Perhaps, in my last post, instead of saying current radar based air-nav system, I should have written that we should retain our current, well proven, and robust air-nav system (which is basicly what I wrote many posts ago ) and not go to a totaly GPS based air-nav system, i.e. ADS-B.

When the dozens of little GPS guided buzz bombs turn up in ATC radar range, it is probably too late anyway...