PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 8th Jul 2008, 04:20
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jabba

Did you miss my earlier post - I was unintelligible back then but the CASA introduced English Language Testing, and my quick learning, has turned me into a veritable Rhodes Scholar.

Examine what is said, not the delivery - this wolf has no designs on any lambs herein

Ferris

Well put. Although a little thread drift, aviation is not helped by this 'us and them' syndrome. If one researches errors and risks, 300 hours and 3000 hours are milestones. Many conducting PTO are in the latter category, and examination of ATSB data and aeronautical studies confirms that throwing stones may often be throwing boomerangs.

Bob Murphie

No, Gump I cannot be as that would be a false name. James Michael I remain. Perhaps Dick Smith would be better turning his investigative skills that I admire from 'Private Investigations' of my ancestry (often questioned in outback bars might I say) to a balanced investigation of the plus and minus of ADS-B, otherwise we may have to rename him Mark Knopfler and he may end up in dire straits

His tale is not assisted by another quote from his letter to the Minister
Minister, no country in the world of which I know is planning to rely totally on Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B) as proposed.
As my (wolf) colleague by ancestry Mr Dog has pointed out, that is NOT what is proposed. In the primary traffic areas radar of primary/SSR capability will REMAIN. Australia is not proposing what Dick Smith suggests.

Worse, Mr Smith does not point out to the Minister the many locations that would NEVER get radar that will have safety through cheap ADS-B provision. Perhaps rather than awaiting my fone call (ad infinitum) Dick Smith should ring the RFDS in WA about how they feel re ADS-B.

Greater good for the greater number and safety in Australia unheard of in the world. Are we a to allow defeat to be snatched from certain victory by management through rear view mirror