PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 8th Jul 2008, 00:24
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick Smith

There you go again - if one does not ring you they are guilty of something. Would you like me to drive or fly down from Canberra to visit you as well?

No hits on google? Wow, that's definitive. Ever heard of a non-directory listing?

I know you are out of puff when you have to attack the player instead of the theme.

You state
Actually, I think I’m on to you. Has anyone else worked out what I have?
Well, Mr Smith, let me tell you what I have worked out about your efforts with ADS-B.

In your letter to the Minister you state
I fully support ADS-B, but believe it should initially be installed in conjunction with our existing radar system, and a reasonable length of time allowed for the two systems to operate in parallel so any problems can be ironed out. I would imagine this period would be a minimum of 5 years, and more likely 10 years. Of course, running the two systems in parallel will completely remove the $100 million claimed cost saving that was the basis of the JCP proposal.
Well Dick the next opportunity for the subsidy is in the year 2028. So here you come thundering in to save whom from what - knowing full well that if you succeed YOU are consigning General Aviation - not all of whom have your boundless bucks - to a possible ADS-B mandate at a later stage - THAT WE ALL HAVE TO PAY FOR OURSELVES.

And, even if the whole ADS-B 1090ES project turns out to be overtaken by new technology in 5 or 10 years - it's no skin off the nose of GA because WE are not out of pocket.

What can you tell us of ICAO Annex 6, 6.13, and its likely consequences without ADS-B, Dick?

Getting back to what's posted - have a read of the information to those who post on Pprune, Dick. If you are on here, live with what you see is what you get.

My confusion? - I'm a fast learner Dick. And my research has gained a lot from the commonsense posts placed upon here by many people.