PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 7th Jul 2008, 11:24
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob Murphie...
Tooth Fairy stuff.

I have never been given anything from any Government Quango in my life, indeed the exact opposite.

Airservices can't give GA money because as a Corporation they have a duty to their shareholder (s), not PBGA.
If your opposition to this thing is that you dont believe you will be given a subsidy, then I suggest you withdraw. Regardless of whether AsA can or can't pay you a sudsidy, the government can. Off the top of my head, the govt pays subsidies to individuals, sole traders, corporate entitites etc. for a wide range of things like LPG conversions, solar hot water conversions, farm subsidies, apprentice workers etc. etc. Yes, it's true, I myself have received such subsidy.
So from that point of view, I dont see a whole lot of difference between an LPG conversion or an avionics conversion. I'm not familiar with the instruments or modality of how such subsidies are paid, but I'm pretty certain that if AsA as a corporation, or the govt., promise to pay you something, and subsequently didn't, you would have no shortage of litigation available to you.

Reading over the thread, the reasoned argument for going with ADS- B fitment, as opposed to what is offered as "argument" against, is pretty compelling. So for that, I'd like to thank Mr. Smith. Well done. Any objective reader or decision maker should have no problem now.