PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 7th Jul 2008, 10:19
werbil

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dick Smith's letter published on his site is dated 3rd July 2008 - written, well, well after the closing date for responses to the JCP of 31st October 2007.

Dick I assume you submitted a response to the JCP - you were certainly aware of it in August 2007 as you participated in the thread started by Scurvy.D.Dog to encourage responses. Would you care to publish your response?

Before you ask, the response I provided to the JCP at the time was:

I support the proposal providing the subsidy will cover the cost of installing the minimum necessary equipment in the aircraft and there is the availability of LAME’s to complete the installations.

Additionally, I see no reason why aircraft without an engine driven electrical system cannot be included in the proposal. Battery technology has progressed to the point where with an increased subsidy these aircraft could be included as well.
and included my name and ARN. Here my identity can remain anonymous - it neither adds or subtracts the credibility of my arguments - if you really think it makes a difference and want to know PM me and I will tell you.

Dick, you are quite adament in you opposition to the JCP proposal. What do you suggest should be done instead, and how do you suggest it should be funded?