PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 7th Jul 2008, 09:44
Scurvy.D.Dog
I'm in one of those moods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Michael said it earlier

Tolstoy

"Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration."
.... of the Bitter and Twisted brigade:-

Tooth Fairy stuff.

Airservices can't give GA money because as a Corporation they have a duty to their shareholder ...

.... I simply want to know where is any documentation by the Airlines from these collected taxes will guarantee the laundering of this cash to pay somebody

.... such a simple question
A slow-witted man? or persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably? bit like the other bloke

I ask (as I have asked many other Ministers) that you make sure this project does not go ahead until proper research and consultation takes place, and capable people are put in charge.....
.... The same situation exists with the Airservices ADS-B proposal. There needs to be one individual who is there for the long term, totally understands the project, and will be held accountable for its success or failure.

..... there was never one individual who had the responsibility, really believed in the project, could listen to advice from others and be held accountable for the decisions.
and

..... In the past I have been involved in the decision making for complex air traffic equipment where risks were high.
Such as Alphabet airspace, The G Airspace trial, Location Specific Pricing for GA, AusNAS, ARG and the Taskforce to name but a few!

I offer my services to the Government in an advisory capacity to help ensure the correct decision is made.

Both have form in the 'Old Guard' GA aviation arena

And in full knowledge that were they sucessful
Of course, running the two systems in parallel will completely remove the $100 million claimed cost saving that was the basis of the JCP proposal.
... the GA Subsidy is gone!

Anyone else not see the pattern here