PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 5th Jul 2008, 14:37
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
On that point, Mr speaker I draw your attention to relevance.

FB, do you really understand how navigation technology has evolved over the last three decades.

My little mobile phone GPS has better accuracy and better precision than the hundred thousand dollar plus VLF/OMEGA that was fitted to the worlds business fleet during the seventies and early eighties. It even initialises quicker and needs less programming to start with. Why would this be allowed to happen? Has the company that designed and manufactured my device ripped off the US government? Why would the Japanese government spend so much money putting a satellite into space that is only compatable with a foreign country's system? Why would two other nations put their own constellations into space that is also compatable with this system?

FB,You sound like the type of businessman that wants to control his intellectual property by the use of patent and the courts. Does BORAL pay a dividend back to the family of Mr Macadam for inventing road surfacing for every kilogram of hotmix layed? Does MTU still pay a royalty to Dr Diesel for his invention of the compression ignition engine? Does Mr Cessna pay anything to the Wright family for being the first recorded power aircraft operators?

And finally does DARPA want you to stop playing with its most famous toy. last I looked this little device has a considerable risk of being used for terrorist activities....or do you just wish to choose which toy suits your own agenda.