PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 4th Jul 2008, 13:58
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This will prolong the life of all the en route radars to preserve the ADS-B contingency period to support the transition.
Sounds like prudent planning to me.

Dick, where IS the comparison between ADS-B and the SeaSprite "Fiasco"?

Bob, I care not what you think about subsidy or fitment or maintainence. I do care that history doesn't repeat itself with transponder fitment. Did you get one red cent to fit a modeA then fork out for a modeC and then have your mate get it mandated for use above 5000ft?

Just because GARMIN hasn't produced a 1090ES unit doesn't mean non-availabilty. Lets have a look at Garmin for a sec. The producer of THE most expensive extensive avionics suite ever installed in a GA lightie yet the GPS that drives it is only TSO129????? If you bought one of the first aircraft equipped with this unit, How ripped off would you feel?

Garmin G1000 systems installed before 1/2007 are not WAAS capable. Garmin has left it up to the individual airframe vendors to offer the WAAS upgrade to this system. As of this date, there is no program through Garmin to upgrade the existing G1000 systems to WAAS.
No WAAS upgrade no TSO146 no interface to ADS-B

Quite shocked to learn that, all that money and still you will have to fork out more to upgrade to TSO146.($14,795US, Cessna. SB 07-34-07) The American way. Thank heavens for the Japanese.

1090ES is 1090ES! The message is standard, the format is standard. The receiver is standard. It is the same here, it is the same in US airspace...note that! It is the same in Europe. IT is the SAME!

I have sat in the same room as Murphie and Leadsled and I still cannot understand their patholgical hate of "Big Brother" This is what it is all about-

BIG BROTHER CAN WATCH YOU!

It's quite pathetic!