PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 1st Jul 2008, 21:55
PlankBlender

Alaska

Chimbu, here's the justification:

The Anchorage conference marked the commencement of Capstone II in the Juneau/Ketchikan region in southeast Alaska. It will involve a further 200 aircraft. Capstone I already has been hailed a success. Once the part of Alaska with the highest aircraft accident rate -- in a state that already had a much higher accident rate than any of the other 49 states -- the Bethel region has seen a 40 percent reduction in accidents. It now is the Alaska region with the lowest accident rate.
From here: Avionics Magazine :: ADS-B’s Global Advance

There are plenty of other references to that and other trials out there.

It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. See and avoid. We know how bad humans are at looking out the window and spotting other aircraft in the big blue yonder, especially when we add student pilots and super busy GAAP airspaces into the mix. See on the display to improve situational awareness, of course not to replace looking out, I don't know how we can't be for it!

Let's be constructive and help each other in the aviation industry to move from WWI technology to 21st century, there's no way we won't benefit from it!!!