PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 28th Jun 2008, 06:53
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: GPS and AsA not owning it ... mate what does that matter ... or are you suggesting that GPS use for IFR in lieu of DME (which happens now, and has done for some time) should be canned because AsA does not own the GPS constellation???
Scurvy.D.Dog, I've made no comment on GPS us apart from re ADS-B.

I would ask what would happen if GPS was turned off today ? probably not too trumatic compared to if our entire airspace system was reliant on the GPS system as it would be under ADS-B And yes, I use GPS - I have a garmin 530 and 430 in my aircraft.

I am still uncertain of this 4 seater TCAS.
james michael, The unit is an Avidyne TAS600. It is at the low end of the certified transponder reading Traffic Aviodance Systems (TAS). The four seats I mentioned has nothing to do with the TAS, just the size of the aircraft -i.e. small. To pre-emt the question - No, I am NOT sugesting all aircraft have one fitted. For a full discription of the unit and what it can, or can-not do, please visit www.avidyne.com
(please note, I have NO financial interest in any avionics sales or manufacturer)