PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 28th Jun 2008, 01:27
Quokka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick,

I'm not sure why you think that I need an FAA lesson on E Airspace...

Your statement that I vectored the QF A330 20NM off track is false. The A330 was given a traffic statement on the VFR aircraft and requested it's callsign. The VFR aircraft did not respond to VHF calls from myself and the A330 because it was on "the appropriate frequency", a frequency that was not know to anyone. The absence of monitoring and broadcasting on a control frequency was exactly as per your desire that VFR aircraft in Class E airspace do not monitor or make calls on VHF... something you have suggested on a number of occasions. The A330 then requested to divert "up to 20NM right of track". I approved the diversion in accordance with the procedures published and the training provided.

Dick, could you please publish from your lawyers a legal opinion as to what my reply to the A330 should have been... in your lawyers opinion... under Australian law... Was I correct to comply with the published procedures and training provided? Or, should I have acted contrary to the published procedures and training provided?

Then a statement as to whether you consider it acceptable that the arrivals sequence into Perth is disrupted as a result of an IFR aircraft diverting to avoid an unidentified VFR aircraft...

...and by the way Dick, I don't have a closed mind in respect of E Airspace. In fact, I have been quite happy to provide the service anywhere that it doesn't infringe on the descent profiles of IFR aircraft into Primary Airports where a FLOW control service is required, and is being provided. The effect of IFR/VFR separation on FLOW control in Class E Airspace is a subject that you consistently avoid. Perhaps now would be a good opportunity for you to state whether it is acceptable or not?