PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 26th Jun 2008, 07:58
Quokka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The following statement is completely wrong in relation to me wanting an airspace system:

Quote:in which Dick Smith and his mates do not have to file a flight plan nor talk to anyone and they can do what they like while QF 747s turn to avoid them
This was exactly what I, and other controllers, experienced immediately following the introduction of Class E steps into Capitol City airports that infringed on the profile of heavy jets descending into those airports. Replace QF B747 with QF A330 and imagine the A330 inbound to Perth from the East, on descent below FL150. This was my Day 1 scenario. The A330 diverted 20NM to the North of track after receiving traffic information on an unidentified VFR. A perfect example of effective Class E airspace separation... except for the fact that it completely disrupted the arrival sequence into Perth that the Flow Controller and myself had, up until then, achieved with much effort. A complete waste of time and an increase in workload for myself and the crew of the A330.

With respect Dick, you wanted Class E and your argument has focused on issues of visual separation and Cost-Benefit Analysis. Not once have I read a discussion in which you have addressed the issue of Traffic Management and the impact on the other industry participants.