PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New DII(F) IT System
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 21:13
Uncle Ginsters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pontious, as you say, the recurring theme here to me seems to be the additional cost of any additions to the system - one of the reasons for my starting of this thread is to hear from those already migrated just how true this is? And whose budget does it come from when things are missed? It's not just the DII/C that's changing, but also all Intranet functions upon which, dare i say it, most of our productivity relies. Have you seen the file protocol as dictated from high up in A6? How did we ever end up with that mess???

Also, as the Sqn IM, i am acutely aware of what's being 'sold' to us. I was hoping that some/anything posted might save us dropping a proverbial and costing the Sqn at some point down the line...here's hoping!

One other thing that strikes me is the level of responsibility being devolved to Sqn-level IM/BUPOCs. I'm lucky(?); I have some academic background in IT and computing. Several others, it seems, have nothing more than signed a set of TORs and now on their head rest the sqn's succesful migration...correct me if i'm wrong, but that's how it appears at the moment

Thanks for your posts - keep 'em coming.