PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 19:14
Rapha_BA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well,yeah...It would give me a great boost If we had a chance to compete for places throughout the year of 2009,as this airline gets deliveries nearly every month.
I'll give you the insight of how it happens at BA,we lose 30-40 pilots a year due to loss of medical licence,plus around 50-100 sometimes more,on retiring captains or flight crew leaving to othe career moves,and,we aren't expanding as agressively as Etihad,still,BA has a holdpool for direct entry pilot,some cadets of OAT,CTC...
Would be cost effective for Etihad on assess this candidates untill end of this year as announced,and then isntead of dispose 80 out of 100,to keep a larger number,and perhaps give a chance to the ones who meet the most important of the criterias which is the ability to communicate effectively,approachable personality,the ones who can take feedback and are able to be a great leader by being humble honest and emphasise professionalism.I read an article on the net that the first group of cadets,the group with nationals only,they had a course of maths & physics,to put them up to the standard desired by Horizon,so that tells me that some of those 12,if not all,weren't the smarter guys...
What I would say is, out of the let's say,1000 interviewed,get the 500 best,divide in 3 groups A,B,C..group A were the one who managed a level lets say 8/10 on a overall performance(aptitude+personality+interview result)B 5-6/10 and C a minimum of 3.

Group A fills the 2009 initial classes,considering 2 groups of 12 per month,the remaining,have to improve levels on aptitude by doing another exam mid year.

well,having a break on the study,so thought in post the ideaany thoughts?