PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Des Brown - Armed Forces Covenant
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 15:56
Chicken Leg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pr00ne

Arrogant, gaff prone, completely out of touch and full of sleaze with an uncharismatic leader.

Which government am I talking about?

In my opinion, the scenario is remarkably similar to that of the Conservative administration in the mid nineties. I'm a conservative by heart - I regard myself as right leaning! - but it was abundantly clear, even to me, that they needed replacing in government in 1997 and even before.

Just how badly would this government have to perform before they were to lose your support? Brown, Browne, Darling. Has there ever been a bunch of such sour faced incompetance in the same place at the same time. I didn't like Blair, but at least he had the charisma to carry a period of unpopularity. I didn't agree with his politics, but I trusted that he thought he was doing the right thing.

Then there's the likes of Blears and Harman, who quite frankly, should be put down. Horrible, horrible people!

When unemployment continues to rise, along with inflation and repossesions, fuel tax continues to rise (this Septembers rise has only been postponed), teenagers continue to stab each other, soldiers keep dying becuase of underfunding and overstretch, roads continue to clogg up, cancer patients continue to die when they wouldn't abroad, policemen and women are double crossed on pay, we're dragged into Europe against our will, Pearages are sold, party funding is hidden and lied about etc etc etc.................

Will you continue to come on here and tell us how lucky we are?